Find out your Korean name with this easy generator. Just answer 20 simple questions about yourself to get a unique Korean name in seconds!
Today we are taking a trip to North Korea, and we are going to talk about that beautiful country; well, not the country itself; we are going to talk about the cultures in North Korea and talk even more about naming culture there.
So, get some rest from all the Korean name Generators you have been searching for. In this quiz, we will tell you your Korean name based on your personality and which one is more suitable for you.
Structure of Korean Names
Do you want to know something interesting? Your eminence is Jack Jones, right? In Korean, your name would be Jones Jack. Yeah, the family name is called first, then personal names.
Most personal eminences in Korea are two syllables, and there is barely a unique name that comes without a second syllable and dash.
For example, look at the name of Min-Hoo; This is a very famous special eminence, and the second part of the second syllable is shared between the children. Like if you are Min-hoo, then your brother could be Kim-Hoo.
Some Facts about these names
- There are some countries in the world where when women get married; they take the family name off their eminence. In Korea, women won’t change their family name. Because family eminence is an honor of the people in Korea, it’s dishonored for them to pick somebody else’s family eminence.
- Some Koreans use different and more international eminences when living in other countries. If your eminence is Lee, you are most likely to use Michelle’s name, which is very common among Koreans.
- Some families in SK believe that they should name their children something that brings them luck, and that is when they go to fortune tellers to ask them what they should call their children.
- Koreans don’t name their children after the elder member of the families because they find this manner disrespectful. So they always try to find different eminences for their children to not be close to other members eminence.
- Kim is the most repeated family eminence in SK, and more than 10 percent of the SK people have this family eminence. That’s more than 12 million people that use this family eminence. The second highest repeated family eminence in SK is lee.
According to the National Statistical Office, the most popular baby names in South Korea in 2018 were Seo-Yeon (서연) and Ji–Hyun (지훈). Seo-Yeon was given to 6,072 baby girls in 2018, while Ji–hoon was given to 6,066 baby boys. These are the 5 commonly used names in Korea and their meaning:
- Soo–Yeon (수연) – Means “hand“ and “beautiful“
- Da–Eun (다은) – Means “great“ and “kindness“
- Jae–Hee (재희) – Means “talent“ and “happiness“
- Ji–Hyun (지현) – Means “wisdom“ and “bright“
- Seo–Yoon (서윤) – Means “magnificent“ and “gentle“
Why The Korean Names go Popular
In the recent decade, Korea was very famous in the entertainment world. One of the most talked about things about Korean pop culture is the BTS band. They have one of the biggest fan bases in the world (even in the US). They may have more fans overseas than in North Korea.
But it’s not only about the music and KPOP genre; North Korea is the home to much good Anime that you may have heard or watched of them. Although anime is originally from Japan, Korea has some good products in its anime lineup.
Regarding the art of filmmaking and cinema, South Korea has a lot of good movies that only a few people know about. But in recent years, some good movies like Parasite got a lot of worldwide attention.
Landmarks in Korea
SK is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful countries in the world, and if you visit there, you have a tight schedule because there are so many unique landmarks in this country.
If you are a person that likes historical landmarks, then SK can amaze you. Some villages in this country haven’t changed their architecture, and you can see the retro design you have seen in movies and tv series.
But with all of the historical and old fashioned historical, there are also some modern towers in the city that is fascinating and can bring out how much this country has evolved throughout the years.
What is your Korean name?
It’s time for the quiz; answer all of the 20 questions, and based on your personality that we’ve figured out by the questions, we are going to tell you what is your Korean name. Are you ready? Good luck with the quiz, and have fun.
How to Play?
Playing personality quizzes is straightforward: Choose the option that’s true about you—or you relate to—and select “Next.” Unlike trivia quizzes, personality tests have no right or wrong answers. But the questions are in forced-choice format. The point is to push you to choose an option that makes the most sense, not the one that’s 100% true. For the most accurate results, don’t overthink your responses. Go with options that you “feel” are the best.
Questions of the quiz
- Question 1
What kind of person are you?
I want to be in the center of the attention
I am more of a follower than a leader
I am more of a Leader than Follower
I like to be by myself all the time
- Question 2
Are you a sensitive person?
Yes, I'm very sensitive
I could say I'm a little sensitive
I barely get sensitive
I'm not sensitive at all
- Question 3
What form of water really interests you?
- Question 4
As a person, you are:
Somewhere in the middle
I really don't know
- Question 5
when you're doing something, you are:
Doing it perfect
I don't care
I just get over with it
- Question 6
What job you like more to have?
- Question 7
Which one of these numbers could be your lucky numbers?
- Question 8
When something bad happens, you:
Try to find some solutions for it
I just go with the flow
I easily break
I stay positive
- Question 9
Let's say you are a comedian, your jokes:
Has to be funny
Has to be original
Has to be deep
Has to be personal
- Question 10
What color do you prefer?
- Question 11
What kind of drink you like more?
- Question 12
Are you kind to everybody?
Yes, I am kind to everybody
Not to all, just my loved ones
I'm barely kind to anyone
Not at all
- Question 13
Do you accept getting bullied?
Yes, I can't do anything about it
I try to just not care
No, Sometimes I fight back
I'm the bully myself!
- Question 14
Which one do you prefer?
- Question 15
When you are doing a work project, you prefer to:
Do it alone
Be a team player
I can do it anyways
I don't get along with projects
- Question 16
Which one is more like yourself:
- Question 17
A little old fashioned
Very very modern
I let time do it's thing
I'm agile between them
- Question 18
In your friend's group:
Giving advice to others
Just staying in the background
Making everybody laugh
- Question 19
Which day could be your lucky day?
- Question 20
If you have one skill, it would be: