Take this Pokémon Partner Quiz to see which Pokémon is your companion based on your personality. It is 100% fun.
What Is the Pokémon Partner Quiz?
Designed for hardcore Trainers, the Pokémon Partner Quiz is a personality test that reveals which Pokémon character could be your starter or companion.
The test’s premise is similar to that of The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Personality Quiz. It analyzes your traits to expose your perfect partner.
Discover Your Pokémon Companion with MBTI
The Pokémon Partner Generator utilizes a database of the game’s MBTI types. After thoroughly analyzing your behavior, it generates accurate results by reviewing your playstyle, in-game preferences, and Trainer experience.
If you already know your MBTI type, find your Pokémon partner in the following table.
How to Know Which Pokémon Is Your Starter?
Generally, your starter Pokémon should be the one that matches your playstyle, has a reasonable CP, and is of a reliable Type. But it doesn’t have to be a Legendary, Shiny, Shundo, or Hundo.
If you’re confused about your partner, choose one of the most popular starter Pokémon. Currently, Charmander, Mudkip, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle have the highest pick rate among all other starters, which means they have stood the test of time.
Let Your Personality Decide Your Pokémon
Are you ready to find out who your Pokémon partner is? If yes, press the start button and let your personality reveal the answer.
Inspired by Pokémon games and anime, the Pokémon Partner Quiz asks you twenty relatable questions and exposes the lovely creature that could accompany you.
Trainers can use this test to get a personality breakdown. But most importantly, they can take it to find their actual in-game starter.
BTW, for a fun “Pocket Monsters” experience, check out the “Guess the Pokémon Quiz” next.
Now, let’s catch your Pokémon companion.
How to Play?
Playing personality quizzes is straightforward: Choose the option that’s true about you—or you relate to—and select “Next.” Unlike trivia quizzes, personality tests have no right or wrong answers. But the questions are in forced-choice format. The point is to push you to choose an option that makes the most sense, not the one that’s 100% true. For the most accurate results, don’t overthink your responses. Go with options that you “feel” are the best.
Questions of the quiz
- 1Favorite Pokémon type? (Yes, you’re choices are limited.)
- 2What’s your priority when catching a new Pokémon?
Strategic use in battles
- 3What do you think of Shundo Pokémon?
They look amazing.
I love them. But I don’t have any.
I like that they’re rare. It makes them precious.
They’re my go-to option in difficult battles.
I think they are overrated.
I prefer shadow Pokémon.
- 4Which Pokémon game do you like better?
New Pokémon Snap
Pokémon Sword and Shield
Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver
- 5What kind of starter Pokémon do you prefer?
- 6Which one describes your playstyle as a Trainer?
- 7What do you think of Shadow Pokémon?
I can’t say I like them.
I’d rather purify them.
I like how they look.
I like their moves.
I think they’re overrated.
I love everything about Shadow Pokémon.
- 8How would you describe Pikachu to a non-fan?
Cutest creature ever.
A lovely anime character.
An iconic anime culture figure.
An underrated Pokémon with amazing moves.
A not-so-special Pokémon that’s world-renowned.
An annoying and weak Pokémon.
- 9What would it be if you could pick a nickname for your Pokémon partner?
- 10Which one is your priority when picking a starter?
Story (anime background)
- 11Which one is a cool Trainer name?
The Poki Mom/Dad
- 12On a scale of 0-5, how big of a competitive Pokémon player are you?
0 (Not competitive at all)
5 (Extremely competitive)
- 13What is your go-to Pokémon activity?
Exploring the world.
Organizing my inventory.
Looking for shiny (rare) Pokémon
Battling with other Trainers.
Training or learning new stuff.
Competing in the Leagues.
- 14Pick a color that you like or relate to.
- 15Pick a trait for your Pokémon partner.
- 16Choose a word that better describes your personality.
- 17How do you usually spend your free time?
Social media (mindless scrolling)
Netflixing (Watching TV)
Training (Working out)
None of them
- 18What kind of anime do you often watch?
Funny or cute
Romantic or nostalgic
Unique and dark
Action-driven and exciting
Story-oriented and philosophical
Tragic and sad
- 19How many hours do you spend in Pokémon games per day?
6 hours or more
- 20Final question: How old are you?
16 or younger
26 or older
I’d rather not say