Are your self-questioning, “Am I lazy?” Do you want to know why you have no energy for anything? This 20-question scientific quiz reveals how slothful you are and why.
An Authentic Science-Backed Laziness Quiz!
The test is a set of 20 questions to single out the lazy ones. It’s backed by the study published on PsychCentral called, “The 8 Voices of Laziness.” The goal is to inspect your behaviors and thoughts to see if you’re a lethargic person or not.
It’s also an excellent quiz for those who are like, “Why am I so tired all the time?” It helps you figure out the reason behind your lack of energy and motivation.
The Test Reveals:
How lazy you are.
You’re here because you asked, “Am I lazy?” But it’s also a good idea to know how inactive you are. Slothfulness has different levels and intensities. That’s why our quiz categorizes you in groups based on how sluggish you behave.
Why you are lazy.
The results include more than a yes or no answer. We reveal the reason behind your lack of motivation by looking into your answers. So, if you wonder why you’re feeling this way, taking the test is your best bet.
The type of your laziness.
The 2017 PsychCentral article revealed that there are eight types of lethargic traits. By participating in the test, you have the chance to find out which one is causing you to be inactive and unmotivated.
- Fatigue: the most common reason you think you’re lazy is that you’re tired. Lack of self-care and being restless will eventually turn you into a sluggish person because your body runs out of energy.
- Regret: Being remorseful for the time has passed keeps you unmotivated and inactive. So, you might be lazy because you think it’s not worth it anymore to make an effort.
- Shame: Internal humiliation can hold you back and turn you into an inactive person. When the voices in your head downgrade you all the time, it’s challenging to make any effort.
- Fear: Many people who ask, “Am I lazy?” are actually struggling with social anxiety. Being afraid of facing backlashes, looking stupid, or failing in front of others might be the reason you’re slothful.
- Anxiety: Your laziness might be because of your uncontrollable stress level. You hold yourself back and don’t try new things because you don’t want new types of anxieties to creep into your life.
- Uncertainty: Even the fact that you’re asking, “Am I lazy?” signifies that you’re uncertain. And that can keep you lethargic.
- Apathy/depression: Having no goals in life or being depressed can make you quite sluggish.
- Self-definition: “You are as lazy as you claim to be.” Psychologists believe that defining yourself as an unmotivated person leads to becoming inactive.
How to change for the better.
Another thing that the laziness quiz offers is tips on how to stop being slothful. Your results include expert pieces of advice to train your brain into a non-stop working machine and how to maintain it.
What’s the Difference Between Lazy and Unmotivated?
A lazy individual doesn’t believe in the fact that you need to make an effort. But an unmotivated person struggles with finding a reason to make any effort. The latter is usually caused by having no control over your life, doing things you dislike, or feeling depressed.
|Doesn’t want to make any effort.
|Can’t find a reason to make any effort.
|Feels apathetic for no obvious reason.
How to Know if You’re Lazy without a Test
Okay, what if you asked, “Am I lazy?” but you didn’t want to take a quiz to get an answer? If that’s the case, you need to look for the red flags on your own. If you spot one or all of the following traits in your personality, you’re probably a slothful person.
#1. You don’t make any effort for anything.
Wanting to achieve everything in the easiest way possible is a sign of laziness. Of course, you should always be looking for the most innovative ways to get things done—but the smartest doesn’t translate to easiest most of the time. You’re most likely lazy if you don’t believe in hard work.
#2. You waste your time.
If there’s one thing a lazy person doesn’t care about, it’s time. Wasting your time endlessly scrolling through your social media accounts or binge-watching Netflix shows is a red flag. It indicates that you’re a sluggish individual.
#3. You prefer sleep over anything else.
A lazy person would spend most of their time sleeping—because that’s the easiest thing to do. If you find yourself craving your bed more than other activities, you might be lethargic.
What to Do if the Test Called You Lazy
It’s okay to be sluggish. So, don’t panic if the quiz results are positive. You can always change for the better and turn yourself into an active, lively person. Here are the steps you need to take if that’s the case.
Stop asking questions like, “Am I lazy?” Instead, keep reminding yourself of your capabilities. Psychologists suggest that the first step to stop being sluggish is believing you’re not.
Keep your goals realistic.
Don’t expect yourself to become an Elon Musk-like workaholic. Set some realistic, achievable goals for yourself and start moving towards them slowly—but steadily.
Do what you love.
Being involved in things that you dislike depress you. So, leave some room for things you care about and enjoy your time to motivate yourself.
Take a break.
You are not a machine. Just like any other active human being, you need to get some rest after working hard. Find the work-rest balance and give yourself enough time to recover your energy.
Don’t go harsh on yourself and enjoy your achievements—even the smaller ones. The best way to do so is to reward yourself for the hard work and effort you put into your tasks.
Read Before Taking the Test
The goal of the quiz is to help those who ask, “Am I lazy?” QuizExpo does NOT want to label you or your actions by any means. So, please, take the results lightly.
How to Play?
Playing personality quizzes is straightforward: Choose the option that’s true about you—or you relate to—and select “Next.” Unlike trivia quizzes, personality tests have no right or wrong answers. But the questions are in forced-choice format. The point is to push you to choose an option that makes the most sense, not the one that’s 100% true. For the most accurate results, don’t overthink your responses. Go with options that you “feel” are the best.
Questions of the quiz
- 1What's the formula for a perfect life?
Hard work, love, and honesty
Hard work, hard work, hard work
Easy money, luck, and fun
The perfect life doesn't exist
- 2How do you feel when you set yourself a challenging goal?
- 3How much rest do you get per day?
Less than an hour
More than 5 hours
Meh, I rest all day long
- 4How much sleep do you get per night?
At least 8 hours
Less than 5 hours
More than 10 hours
- 5What's the best way to get things done?
Practice and persistence
Asking for help
I don't even know
- 6What do you do right after waking up?
Make my bed
Try to get out of the bed
Check my phone
Stay in my bed for hours
- 7Which one describes your work style?
Restless and ruthless
I don't like working
Slow and painful
- 8How many hours do you spend working each day?
More than 10 hours
Less than3-4 hours
I don't work at all
- 9Would you get out of your way to gain some extra cash?
Never. I value my principles
It depends on my situation
Nah, I don't have the energy for that.
- 10How do you describe success?
Success is being happy with your life
Success is being on top of the world
It's having enough money to retire
I don't know what it means
- 11Is it worth it to spend most of your time working?
No. You need some 'Me Time.'
Yes, it always pays off.
No, working is kind of stupid.
I don't really know
- 12What makes you feel like you don't want to get out of bed?
Having too many things to do
Wanting to sleep more
Having nothing to do
- 13Which one is pointless?
All of them
- 14How anxious do you feel when you're behind schedule?
It depends on the situation
Not anxious at all
- 15Would you ever manipulate someone to help you get your things done?
No, I'd don't like manipulation
No, but I'd like to
Of course, that's called being smart
I don't have anyone to help me
- 16Is it okay to find excuses for things you couldn't get done?
No, that's a weak move
I don't know. Maybe.
Sure, what else you're going to do?
No one cares anyway
- 17How often do you help others?
All the time
No one asks for my help
- 18How do you feel when someone asks for your help?
- 19How much stress is okay in your work environment?
Minimum stress is inevitable
At this point, I'm numb to stress
I'd like to have no stress at all
I have no idea (and I don't really care)
- 20Final question: how energetic are you right now? (5 means super-active).