The Am I Annoying Quiz tells you the truth. Just answer 20 questions to know if people find you irritating. Also, this quiz helps you know why you are annoying.
What Is the Am I Annoying Quiz?
The Am I Annoying Test shows how provoking and aggravating your behavior is. It is a set of several personality questions that aim to reveal your characteristics. An Annoyance Level Quiz is based on social norms and common sense. So, it is not a scientific/psychological quiz—as there is no organized way to determine annoying people.
How to Tell if You Are Annoying Without Taking a Test
You do not have to take the annoyance quiz. There are other ways to find out if you are irritating others around you. The most important thing to do so is to pay attention to the signs. (See below).
Sign #1: Body Language of Others Around You
Human beings unconsciously send nonverbal signals to each other. So, you can tell if they do not like you by analyzing their body language. People tend to show these signals when they are annoyed by you:
- Avoiding eye contact.
- Lots of sighs.
- Crossing their arms while you are talking.
- Pointing their feet away from you.
Of course, someone might unintentionally do such things in a conversation. So, you should not rely only on others’ body language. It is a warning sign when most people around you be like that most of the time.
Sign #2: Others’ Attention Span
You cannot pay attention to someone who is frustrating you. So, if you feel like people deliberately ignore you, it might be a signal. Some of the examples of being overlooked on purpose are as follows.
- Answering a phone call while you are talking to them.
- Looking around and responding with something irrelevant to your speech.
- Continually looking at their watch or asking what time it is.
- Rubbing their face as if they are tired (while they are not).
- Avoiding arguments with you even if they have an opposing idea.
Sign #3: Others’ Feedbacks About You
Relying on others’ opinions is the most reasonable way to know if you are annoying or not. Of course, some people might be too polite to tell you the truth. So, it is best to ask your best friends for honest feedback.
Sign #4: Interactions & Communications
Do you feel like people treat you differently? Are you always the one that is “not invited” to the party? These are signals that you might be annoying others. People try to minimize their interactions with those that bother them. So, if they are limiting their connections with you, it is best to rethink your behavior.
Sign #5: Jokes & Memes
We all have that friend who sends you memes, claiming that “this is literally you.” So, think about the jokes your friends make about you. Are they all about who moody, angry, and frustrating you are? Well, there is a truth behind every joke/meme.
Things to Remember Before Taking the Am I Annoying Quiz
It is not always about you.
Sometimes, it is just others being impolite. The fact that no one pays attention to you or wants to hang out with you does not necessarily mean you are irritating. It could be that you are with the wrong group.
Do not mix up social anxiety for being annoying.
Social anxiety makes it harder for you to interact with others. Such a condition can result in having fewer friends or fewer group activities. So, do not blame yourself for being annoying if you few friends. Instead, try to brush up on your social skills and engage with your community.
Do not ignore the signals.
Being, like, “this is who I am” or “I act how I want to” is not a good idea. If you want to be a social person, you need to accept some norms. That doesn’t mean you should give up on your personality. So, instead of ignoring social signals, consider them as comments on your behavior. And do your best to take care of them.
Do not let toxic people make you feel this way.
Labeling is a toxic behavior. You need to be more cautious if there are people around you who label you as annoying or irritating. Most of the time, toxic people intentionally make you feel bad about yourself. That is because it is easier to manipulate an insecure person. So, do not believe everything others say about you.
Characteristics Chart of an Annoying Person
|How to Fix It
|Lying about everything
|Quit worrying about telling the truth
|Apologizing for anything you do
|Replace apologies with thank you.
Example: “Thanks for listening to me” instead of “sorry I talk too much.”
|Acting like you are a superior person
|Remember, too much self-esteem does more harm than good.
|Making everything personal
|Do not forget that you are a part of the world—not the whole of it.
|Always being late
|Do not make promises that you cannot keep.
|Making inappropriate jokes
|You do not have to be funny to seem cool.
|Being a disappointer
|Try to see the bright side. And point out the problems only if necessary.
|Constantly nagging about everything.
|Understand and empathize with others.
The Am I Annoying Quiz is meant to be used for fun and entertainment purposes. QuizExpo does not label any of its viewers irritating.
How to Play?
Playing personality quizzes is straightforward: Choose the option that’s true about you—or you relate to—and select “Next.” Unlike trivia quizzes, personality tests have no right or wrong answers. But the questions are in forced-choice format. The point is to push you to choose an option that makes the most sense, not the one that’s 100% true. For the most accurate results, don’t overthink your responses. Go with options that you “feel” are the best.
Questions of the quiz
- 1Your friend wants to hang out with their colleagues. So, you are not invited. How do you feel about that?
It is heartbreaking
It is fine
It depends. Sometimes it hurts me.
My friend doesn't let me do the same thing.
- 2Do you feel like no one in the world understands you?
No, not at all
That is what people around me feel like (not me)
- 3You are throwing a party. You asked everybody to dress as a superhero. But one of your friends showed up in a regular dress. What do you do?
I ask them to leave the party.
I ignore them throughout the party.
It's okay. I welcome them like everybody else.
I'm always the guy who does not follow such rules.
- 4Do you get bored waiting for friends' speeches to end so that you can start talking about your experiences?
Yes, all the time
I feel like others do that to me (they want me to finish so they can bombard me with their thoughts)
- 5Which of the following quotes makes more sense to you?
Life is a marathon. You lose it if you stop pushing the limits.
It's "me" that matters. F*** everyone else
Sometimes you need to forget about loyalty to be gain royalty.
Some people are so annoying that you wonder if they are getting paid for it?
- 6You and your friends are in the car. Everyone wants to listen to music. Who should choose the playlist?
It always has to be me.
I have better taste in music.
I guess we should vote or something.
They never let me do that, anyway.
- 7You asked your friend to order your food. But they made a mistake, and now you have the wrong menu. What do you do?
I eat it, anyway
It's their fault. I'm not paying for it.
I don't talk to them for the rest of the day.
- 8Do you keep your friends on read when they say something you don't like?
I'm the one who's always on read.
- 9Do you always (or most of the time) think that you are underappreciated?
- 10Your friend wants you to leave them alone because they fought with their partner. What do you think about that?
It's ridiculous. It's not my fault they have a stupid partner.
It's okay. I'll leave them alone for a while
I let them know that their partner is an awful person before leaving.
My friends get annoyed when I ask them to leave me alone.
- 11Your friend hates your favorite actor. How do you feel about that?
I hate them for hating what I love.
I try hard to make them love my favorite actor.
It's fine. We all have different interests.
- 12Your friends held a party and did not invite you. What is your first reaction when you find out about that?
They are not my friends anymore.
I make them regret what they did.
I ask them why they did it.
- 13Do people usually complain about the way you talk? (e.g., you are too loud, fast, etc.)
- 14What do you do if a person annoys you?
I try to verbally hurt them.
I might try to annoy them, too.
I try to avoid them
I am used to getting annoyed.
- 15Choose one of the following superpowers.
The ability to make anybody fall in love with you
The ability to mute people
The ability to cure every fatal disease
The ability to make annoying people go away
- 16What is your dream birthday party like?
Everyone should do what I want/like for 24 hours.
Being surprised with an expensive gift
A friendly and fun party with all my loved ones
I prefer to spend my birthday alone.
- 17What do you expect others to do when you are upset or feeling down?
Something I ask them to cheer me up
Knowing that they are there for me is enough.
If someone loves me, they should make me feel better.
No one cares if I'm feeling down.
- 18"Your lover must make you the happiest person on this planet." Do you agree with that?
Not at all
I don't believe in love.
- 19Your boss wants you to be on time and pay attention during the meetings. What do you think about it?
They are just acting bossy as usual.
I don't care what they want me to do.
I think I should listen to them.
- 20How would you feel if someone told you, "you are not the most important person in the room!"
I'd tell them the exact same thing
I'd make them regret what they said.
I wouldn't mind