Do you wonder which 1989 song you are? This Taylor Swift personality quiz reveals which of her hit tracks matches your characteristics.
The 1989 Quiz is a personality test inspired by Taylor Swift’s titular album with the goal of identifying the song that resembles you. Basically, the test compares your characteristics with those of the characters in Taylor’s lyrics to find a perfect counterpart.
For example, we all know that “Slut!” is all about rising above the bullies and being yourself. So, a bold, warrior-spirited Swifty would definitely get this song in their result. However, a reserved, shy, and depressed fan would probably get “Say Don’t Go.” (It’s all about the words and vibes in a song.)
In 2014, Taylor Swift released her fifth studio album called “1989.” Fast forward to October of 2023, as part of her re-recorded series, she unveiled a fresh rendition of this iconic hit.
Previously, we created a trivia test for Swifties, telling them how big of a fan they are based on a series of challenging questions. But to celebrate the release of 1989 Taylor’s Version, we decided to help you find your soul’s track with a genuine test.
Answer the 20 questions on this page to see which 1989 song you are.
Here are a few things to consider:
- The quiz includes both the original and Taylor’s Version songs.
- You might match one of the “From the Vault” tracks. (These include Slut!, Say Don’t Go, Now That We Don’t Talk, Suburban Legends, and Is It Over Now?)
- The personality analysis you get in the end is based on lyrics.
- The test uses the Deluxe editions of both classic and re-recorded versions.
QuizExpo does not own the images used in the test and intends no copyright infringement.
How to Play?
Playing personality quizzes is straightforward: Choose the option that’s true about you—or you relate to—and select “Next.” Unlike trivia quizzes, personality tests have no right or wrong answers. But the questions are in forced-choice format. The point is to push you to choose an option that makes the most sense, not the one that’s 100% true. For the most accurate results, don’t overthink your responses. Go with options that you “feel” are the best.
Questions of the quiz
- 1Heartbreaks. How do you get over them?
I just cry and let time heal my wounds
I usually ask for a close friend’s help
Unfortunately, I push the “rebound” button
No breakdowns. I just move on like a champ
- 2Describe Taylor Swift in one word or two.
- 3What did the 1989 album make you feel?
- 4What’s the most challenging part of love?
Trusting your lover
Finding the one
Settling down and commitment
Matching the vibes of someone else
- 5Why did your last relationship end?
It’s not ended
- 6How do you react to social media bullying?
It affects me so bad. I can’t deal with it
I usually just ignore them bullies
I fire back and stand up for myself
I make those bullies regret their existence
- 7Which one describes your dream relationship?
Romantic, classic, and trust-oriented
Firey, intense, and unique
Adventurous, breathtaking, challenging
Lustful, naughty, and bold
- 8What type of people attract you the most?
Honest and nice
Good-looking and tall
Mysterious and confident
Rich and famous
- 9What would you say about your first crush?
I genuinely liked them. *Sight*
Haha. It was the silliest thing ever
I don’t want to talk about it
- 10What kind of student were you in high school?
Shy and quiet
Creative and nerdy
Funny and active
Naughty and rebellious
- 11How’s your relationship with your parents?
Really good. I love them
Meh, it is what it is
Oh, boy. We hate each other
- 12Why do you think Taylor Swift is such a special singer?
Her life experiences
Her musical talent
Her relatable lyrics
- 13How old were you when Taylor released the original 1989 album? (I mean, back in 2014.)
Probably 10 or younger
24 or older
- 14What type of lyrics are your jam?
Deep and bold
- 15Which version of Taylor is your favorite?
Queen of pop
- 16How big of a Swifty are you? (10 means you’re the biggest fan.)
- 17Love hurts. Do you agree?
Yes, every freaking time
I don’t know. It has hurt me for sure
Well, maybe. But it’s worth it
No, love is just a lie. You’re just hurting yourself
- 18What is a must-have feature for your partner?
Money and confidence
- 19What type of love do you wish to experience?
- 20Final question: How often do you listen to Taylor’s songs?
Usually, when I’m alone
Mostly while I’m driving
It’s not that often. Once in a while, I guess